Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Christmas Ride


IMGP3806
Originally uploaded by Stuart Davies.
Every Christmas the stables go for a fancy dress ride in to town. Either Halifax, Brighouse or Bradford. This year the the snowman and company were heading into Bradford.

Personally, I'm happy that I wasn't going. It was bloody freezing.

It should have been a good chance for some good photos but with 20 odd horses of various shapes and sizes combined with assorted riders it just produced chaos. I ended up sharing a stable with Phoenix who wasn't going, he is going barefoot and the long ride would have been too much. Phoenix and I just stood there looking out over the stable door. It must have confused the poor horses as well. Some of these animals are usually scared of horse eating plastic bags but didn't seem to bat an eyelid about the tinsel, snowmen and santas.

Eventually I joined the proud mums and dads at the main gate all waiting patiently to take a video or photo of their pride and joy. Every one demonstrating how much they were entering in to the spirit of the event. In reality we all stood there freezing and just wishing the whole bloody thing was over. The stables are on top of a hill and the wind was coming directly off the North Sea. Having traveled so far it saw no reason to bother going around any one so it just went straight through.

As the cavalry of the absurd trotted off to Bradford and I having done my fiance duties I was able to retreat to my car and head for home.

I did get some photos, nothing to write home about, but if you do want to see them you can find them here.


Technorati Tag:

posted by gerbil at 3:23 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home