Thursday, May 04, 2006

Constitutional Duty

Right, that's my constitutionally duty done, box ticked. I had the wonderful choice of the lying bastards who took us to war on a lie, the fascist wolves in wolves clothing, the wannabe fascist economy wreckers in sheep's clothing, the wishy washy sit on the fence 'oh we're so nice vote for us' and the hippy lentil sandal weaving 'how's my karma' lot.

And to think my ancestors risked life and limb for this!

Still I voted, despite the fact its only for the local government who over the past two decade have been stripped of all power and authority so its the equivalent of voting in the biggest non entity competition (local rounds).

Ah bollocks to this I'm off on holiday soon any way.

posted by gerbil at 5:45 pm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually stood in the booth for at least a minute thinking "Who the hell do I vote for. I wouldn't give any of these people the responsibility of minding my pet rock". It was truly a matter of picking the least-bad option, and it was a close run thing. I eventually ticked the Lib Dem box in the hope that they would have the best chance of inflicting some damage on Labour in this ward. But fuck em all - whoever gets elected, the government always wins.

--
Mark

5/04/2006 7:10 pm  
Blogger gerbil said...

Agreed, but i think with the boundry changes as well Labour are going to come a cropper here. I still feel cheated by having to vote against something though. At the moment all i want is to punish Labour...roll on my holidays

5/04/2006 7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home