Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Snow in Grimescar


IMGP3962
Originally uploaded by Stuart Davies.
At last is snows. Not much but enough to get me out the house. I'm not sure why we in England are so fascinated by the arrival of snow, especially at Christmas but it is enough to turn every grown man in to a five year old child.

I suppose its that thing that because it is uncommon and as children a heavy snow meant the suspension of normalcy. If it was a school day there was always the chance that it would be heavy enough to close the school.

For me these days its an excuse to pick up my camera and run. Ok, its another excuse for me to pick up my camera and run. If I was any good then I would use the snow to get shots that used the highly contrasting black and white. I would aim to get the texture of the tree contrasting with the softness and ephemral nature of the snow. Instead the five year old in me makes me rush around as if driven by a sugar high, snapping this and that oh and that....

When I got back did slow down. I did modify the photos I took to see if I could get some kinda funky effects, but who knows. Any way the finished products can be found in the Snow Day on Flickr as usual.

posted by gerbil at 12:32 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home