Saturday, July 08, 2006

Huddersfield Carnival 2006


Huddersfield Carnival 2006
Originally uploaded by SmithersJones.
What better way to spend a staturday afternoon than hanging around in the park enjoying the atmosphere of the West Indian Carnival; food was great, curried goat with rice and peas.

However we learnt that the local council are looking at reducing funding for this annual event which makes me rather peeved. The thing that makes an average place a good place to live is the things that happen in the community. A house is just a house until you have a house warming.

How can the local politicians talk about the community etc but then when there is a successful community event walk away from it.


How to Party
Originally uploaded by Mike Carter.

Any way as usual there are some photos that can be found here. Again I have focused on those from Carriacou, Pettie Martinque and Grenada. This is only for the reasons that Grenadians make a sizable group within the local West Indian community and just becuase it started raining after they had been on.

My photos are ok, but not great, while on the other hand Mike Carter who was also there took some much better photos than me. I would like to point out that he has a better camera than me, but to be honest I also think he has bit more talent.

That said it could be a good chance to make an argument that I need to upgrade my camera. I have been secretly suffering camera envy for some time now. I think i could look at Mikes pictures and convince my self that some how if i go and spend a shed load of money i'll be able to photos as good as that.....hmmm. Now all i have to do is convince J.

posted by gerbil at 6:14 pm

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Good shots!

7/10/2006 2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home