Friday, March 17, 2006

Dave by candlelight


Dave by candlelight
Originally uploaded by fast eddie 42.
So far on this blog I have tended to draw attention to my own photos. I think its about time that I actually highlighted some great photos. These are the ones I have marked as my favourites as I meandered though Flickr.

So today I would like to present "Dave by Candelight" fast eddie 42. It is seeing photos like this that encourages me to continue taking pictures. Although to be fair I think he was bloody lucky to bump into some kind of dickensian santa claus in a pub in Wakefield...now if only the pen had been a quill.

Any way I think your drawn in from the start. From the way that Dave is looking directly in to the camera he holds your gaze. The colours are just sumptious and the the whole thing just looks timeless. Infact if wasn't for the pen you would wonder if this was staged.

posted by gerbil at 9:14 pm

3 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Great photos!
I have randomly picked clicked on several and they are very good.
I have a draw to cemetery markers (and gates) - which I might show some of my cemetery photos on my bxxg. But they don't come close to yours.
I am going to continue clicking of some of your photos off and on for a few days if you don't mind.

3/18/2006 12:45 am  
Blogger gerbil said...

Click away. Those in my fav's folder are from many of the truly good photographers on the Flikr site, such as Fast Eddie 42, who can capture and present an image in an inspiring way. Mine with notable exceptions are more reportage as I'm fascinated by how the image records the passing of time. I keep meaning to scan in my old photos, now theres a solomons mine of subject material.

3/18/2006 10:52 am  
Blogger Eddie said...

Go for it! I am patiently patting my foot to see your's.

3/18/2006 12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home