Monday, March 13, 2006

Johns Background Switcher


Look Up, Mr. Cameron
Originally uploaded by Fack to Bront.
Every once in while you stumble across an application that changes the way you work or see the world. This might seem like a big boast for a little app. Especially when all it does is changes the photos on your desktop but when its combined with Flikr it can bring your desk top alive.

Johns Background Switcher is a fantastic little gadget. You can set it up to swap your desktop photos between every hour, every month or when every you want.

You can have it selecting photos from a folder on your machine or, and this is the bit that I really like, from Flikr.

You can select an individuals photo stream, or a set or like me your own favorites. Ever since being on Flikr i have been marking photos as fav's but hardly ever seeing them again. Now every once in a while this chap apears on my desktop.

One second I have a fantastic landscape the next this mans face with soooooo many expriences. As I say a great little gadget.

posted by gerbil at 9:45 pm

3 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Who is this man with so many experiences?
By the way, great photo!

3/14/2006 1:31 am  
Blogger gerbil said...

I cant take credit for it. It is a truely great photo, I mean this mans face looks like Johnny Cash sounds.

It is by some one on Flikr called 'Fack to Bront' who has a great line in such photos. If you click on his name under the photo you will see what i mean.

3/14/2006 9:28 am  
Blogger Eddie said...

Yes, I agree, those are great photos.
And it does seem that Johnny Cash was trying to be like this Man in Black doesn't it?
Also, my wife utilizes apparently same feature on her computer, as where ever-so-often a different photo will pop up. I have at least 3 photo programs, I will study them and see if I have that feature also.

3/14/2006 6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home