Friday, March 03, 2006

Whaa!! Snow at last!


Snow on the road
Originally uploaded by Stuart Davies.
Finally some proper snow for winter. Ok so its not exactly 'Day After tomorrow', and I'm not expecting polar bears to start strolling down my street yet but its a start. Probably all we are likely to get as well so I'm making the most of it.

luckily I was 'working' from home so it didn't cause me any grief. Everyone else on the other hand seems to have been caught out by it. J Took 2 hours to get back from work. Texting me every time she managed to move 200 yards.

Some bloke was sounding off in a disgusted of Hebden Bridge sort of way about the atrocious weather forecast on the Guardian talk web site.

Not sure who he wants to blame, maybe the government should resign ;). Oh the irony, Tony Blair and crew resign over a bit of snow in the hills rather than an illegal war, some decidedly dodgey dealings with Belisconi and the largest curtailment of civil rights in this country since the war (Just realised that I need to qualify this as WWII not GW II, GW I, Falklands, Malay, Aden and so many more that I can't quite recall them all).

Thing is it wasn't that bad. It seems people just don't know how to drive in the snow in this country.

Any way all I had to do was ring J make sure she was ok every once in a while, grab my camera and wonder off down the lane. Could have got some cracking photos if I'd driven some where but what? Do you think I'm stupid? Hell no.

Any way the photos I did get weren't great but can be found in the Snow Day set on Flickr.

posted by gerbil at 7:14 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home