Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I have Interestingness


Grimescar Brook
Originally uploaded by Stuart Davies.
I have mentioned before that Flikr has a thingy called Intrestingness. For certain photos that score highly on the intrestingness stakes get elevated to the Explore page. This is supposed to be the best (or most interesting if you like) photos. The rules on how Flickr selects them is a mystery to most i think. It seems to boil down to a relationship between the number of people looking at the image, time between views,number of groups its in and the number of tags. Oh and a little bit of voodo black magic.

My photo of Grimescar Brook is the first of mine to make it there. I think it is rated at number 244 of those uploaded on the 19th of November. From what i can gather it got rated becuase i added to the 1-2-3 group and it subsequently got a lot of interest in a short amout of time - hence it was considered interetsing.

Ok so I know that at number 244 on one day we are not talking preimer league here but personally for me its enough to make me chuffed, for now.

If you want to see the other photos on the explore page for that day you can click here. To see my other photos click on any of the photos on this page.

posted by gerbil at 8:36 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home