Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Syd Barrett RIP

Syd Barrett has died. I can't really add more than his obituary in the Guardian. He will go down in history as one of the main influences of psychedelic music and one of the first acid casualties.

To be honest though I prefered Pink Floyd after he left but every one seems to be of the view that his dna was very strong in everything they did. I have never understood, but always been fascinated by, people whose personality is just too large for themselves.

posted by gerbil at 9:28 pm

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

I see that he was born in 1946. I hate to hear of someone younger than I dying... they seem undeserving of that fate yet.
The only thing I have by Pink Floyd is the Dark Side of The Moon... but that I use to enjoy to the fullest.

7/12/2006 10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home