Sunday, August 20, 2006

Way Too Busy

I have been too busy to post here of late.

So far we have finally sent out our first wave of wedding invites, yes we know its early but we wanted to make sure that people were aware of the date as it clashes with a bank holiday and half term.

We also became aware that the hotel was not going to have the additional 10 rooms we were hoping to have by the time of the wedding. Combined with the fact that we dicovered that many of the B&B's in the village were all closing. Seemed that they all decided to retire at the same time. This resulted in a stressful run around making sure that we had rooms for those who needed to be in the hotel rather than near by. It also meant diplomatically talking to some relatives inorder to manage expectations. We wanted to be able to squezze some friends into the hotel. We are still going to disappoint some as it is.

Fearing that accommodation might be scarce during the wedding there was also some terse conversations with immediate family to get them to make some decisions. As I stated during one converstation there will only be 2 prima donnas allowed at the wedding and thats J and I. I did afterwards realise that I was pushing a little too hard and will need to make it up to them later.

I also finished the web site for the wedding as well. So thats now up and running in time for the invites going out. We also had a chance to scout out accommodation in the area so at least we were able to put some information about what is going to be around. Doing this we did discover enough good quality accommodation in the area so we should be able to meet most peoples needs.

While doing this we have had torential rain sweep recently. As a result the roof in the back of the house leaked which also went into the boiler. Meaning that we are currently with out hot water until we can get it fixed.

Oh and my MP responded to my mail. Well to be honest he didn't as I found out he is on holiday in Miami. More of that later.

Oh and my diving trip this weekend didn't happen becuase someone wasn't able to communicate. So phoeeeeeeeeey, thats all I have to say.

posted by gerbil at 6:43 pm

2 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

About my only advice is not to fall into the punc bowl at your wedding reception.

8/24/2006 12:46 am  
Blogger gerbil said...

Trust me if i do i will be posting the picture

8/24/2006 6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home