Saturday, September 16, 2006

This week I 'ave mainly been listening too...

My journey to work takes about an hour. My journey home takes about an hour. Usually I listen to the news on the way in and the news on the way out. I started to think this may not be good for me. I arrived at work already in a rabbid mood willing to lay waste to the hordes of lying two faced b'stds who so obviously surrounded me - not a positive attitude for work (primarily because there are hordes of lying two faced b'stds who I have to work with). I'd also arrive home full of impotent rage and ready to lead the revolution against the sea of oppressors, which trust me doesn't contribute to a contented home life - how Mr and Mrs Lenin ever got on I'll never know.

What I also noticed was that of late I have spent less time listening to music. So this week I have tried to change my habits. I have raided my CD collection and reacquainted my self with some music to soothe the beast within. So this week I 'ave mainly been listening to...

Rodrigo y Gabriel If anything is going to put you in a good mood this will be it. Don't be put off by the web site. Listen first and judge second.
Tricky - Maxinquaye acquired this by accident's from a friend and it really does chill you before work, really must thank him one day. Cheers Mark. There you go my good deed done.
Gil Scott Heron - Ghetto Style Ok this is a damn good cool mix of blues, jazz and poetry with a political edge. The Revolution Will Not Be Televised is one of the greatest songs ever written and is sooooo relevant today
The Clash - London Calling What can I say; London Calling, Spanish Bombs, The Guns of Brixton, Death or Glory and I'm Not Down

Has it made me any more relaxed, not really. This could, however, be more due to the fact that I have just sat in waiting for a builder to turn up to do some work on my roof. To do this I cancelled a diving trip and he hasn't turned up - relaxed? Not so you'd notice.

posted by gerbil at 9:43 am

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my stupidity I pressed post without actually typing anything.

What I meant to say was that I found the same thing - I was so fed up by Radio 4's news (we don't report the news, we make the news) that I started to record comedy and thrillers from the listen again on the BBC radio seven website. Much more entertaining and less heavy.

9/16/2006 8:23 pm  
Blogger gerbil said...

Its difficult to get the right balance between being informed and keeping your sanity

9/17/2006 9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home