Friday, September 22, 2006

URL's and all that comes with it...

The sharped eyed amongst you may have noticed I have placed a link to Dan's All That Comes With It. An interesting blog of a man and his new family (and I say that as a man who would gladly be refused a license to keep a goldfish, let alone children).

One thing I did pick up from his blog was this snippet of information he found when he was searching for a URL for his blog. He looked at www.holmfirth.com. Something you need to know about Holmfirth is that it's a tourist village and home to a television show called the last of the summer wine. If you don't know it it is the sleepest, quaintest and less offensive television show you could imagine. Its aimed at the grave dodgers within our community and the village has the appropriate image.

What he found was the following web site www.holmfirth.com. As Dan explains here.

posted by gerbil at 9:02 pm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know any of the pupils mentioned, but Mr Tunmore he lists as one of the teachers used to be my form teacher. He doesn't make my top ten teachers list, but I didn't think he was all bad.

I imagine the tourist board at Holmfirth aren't too pleased that the domain got snapped up before they could get there hands on it.

9/23/2006 9:54 pm  
Blogger gerbil said...

I'm guessing that their far from pleased but unable to do a thing about it. I think the individual concern probably wouldn't subscribe to the view that you'r school days are you'r happest. I have to say it made me laugh though.

9/24/2006 8:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home