Saturday, April 01, 2006

Condi in the 'Pool


DSCN6461
Originally uploaded by bliarwatch.
Dr. Condoleezza Rice is currently visiting Liverpool and Blackburn as a guest of the British Foriegn Secretary Jack Straw (a man who makes Donald Rumsford and George Bush sound comprehensible and intelligent). Needless to say she has not had the warmest of welcomes from the anti war movement.

Blairwatch was in attendance at the demo in Liverpool and took a selection of photos. AsI wasnt I thought I would share these with you. Its important that every chance is taken by those who object to the direction this world is currently going take to show that objection. If you want to see more pictures of the demo just click on the photo and that will take you through to Blairwatch's photo stream.

If you want to see more of Blairwatch then click on the link on the left. I don't agree with him 100% of the time but I do agree with a lot of what he says. It's also good to see some opposition to this shambles of a government that we have. It makes very interesting reading, which is also important.

posted by gerbil at 4:17 pm

3 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Poor Condi. I have a feeling she doesn't agree totally with Bush and his dominations - but she has to show support of her boss.

I took a detour and and looked at your pictures. They are good and interesting. The ones named Janet Foss I enjoyed. Also I enjoyed the Barn and the Thresher. Here in the south, south of the glacier line rocks are not all that plentiful and rarely do we see buildigns made of rocks, so that is unique.

4/03/2006 5:09 pm  
Blogger gerbil said...

She does strike me as a smart and pragmatic person. I think she knows the mess there in. The difficulty is thats part of her problem. While I could see her being your first woman and black president how is she going to square her role with the backlash that is coming as the Iraq fiasco collapses. Whereas Rumsfield can be written off as a nut job, a scary one mind you, she is intelligent and knew what was happening.

She is starting to say the right things but she should have been doing so at the outset. If i employ an idiot and they screw up thats my mistake. If I employ an bright intelligent person and they screw up then its their fault.

4/03/2006 6:38 pm  
Blogger gerbil said...

ET

Re The Photos. Thanks. I'm extreamly lucky to live where i do. I have fantastic country side full of history in every direction. And unlike the south we have plenty of water.

4/03/2006 6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home