Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Parent meet Partents

This weekend J's Mum will meet my parents for the first time......hmmm. Now for most people this would simply involve a meal or a night out. Unfortunately for me its going to involve every one staying over at my folks for the weekend.

Oh great. No scope for anything to go wrong there then is there? Not that its worrying me you understand......its just...........i'm sure it will be fine.

I mean Mum, bless her, even rang the other day to see if we wanted to go for Sunday lunch instead of a meal on the Saturday. No problem for me. I checked with the development team if it was okay with them. They agreed it made a change from the usual agenda items such as discussing software deployment strategies and what kind of chocolate biscuits to have at the next meeting.

Mum has agreed not to call me at work again unless another member of the family is involved in a life threatening situation with small rodents and the emergency services are on strike.

As I said what can possibly go wrong....Gulp!

posted by gerbil at 7:04 pm

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Mums, as you call them, can sometimes be a good monkey wrench thrown into some well sycronized machinery - I know, I have painful memories.

4/05/2006 10:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home